Metzeler Unveils New Karoo Street Dual Sport Tire
METZELER now extends its highly successful KAROO™ range towards pure road use with the new KAROO™ Street. Delivering excellent road performance, even in wet conditions, the new enduro tire remains aggressively styled, with its knobby tread pattern continuing to provide off-road capability.
Owners of adventure, ‘enduro street’ and dual-purpose motorcycles are increasingly looking for sport touring performance when used on asphalt, but without sacrificing off-road capabilities. While responding to this market request, however, the METZELER KAROO™ Street maintains an off-road look, in character with these types of motorcycles, while delivering excellent road performance on both dry and wet asphalt.
The METZELER KAROO™ Street tire has been developed for the latest generation of adventure, big enduro and dual-purpose motorcycles, capable of taking dirt roads in their stride. With the KAROO™ Street tire these motorcycles will now be further enhanced to tackle distant road journeys, where good mileage, stability and comfort are fundamental throughout the life cycle of the tire.
Designed for all levels of cross-country riding, the METZELER brand’s KAROO™ product family now offers a range that spans from the desert all the way to street. The new KAROO™ Street will be available from March 2018 onwards.
• KAROO™ Street, a unique combination of off-road look with on-road agility
• KAROO™ 3, dedicated to off-road raids and adventure journeys
• KAROO™ Extreme, a product developed to compete in the professional Rally races
• On-road agility: KAROO™ Street tire provides excellent handling and grip in comparison to its knobby tire competition, due to the sport touring derived profiles that deliver a typical on-road dynamic behavior.
• Wet grip and wet handling: Enhanced safety with reliable grip in wet conditions, generated by the high silica compounds that promote chemical grip on wet asphalt.
• Off-road traction: The KAROO™ Street’s layout of blocks and variable spacing between the knobs provides excellent dirt road traction especially in long-distance clay and hard-packed trails.
• High-speed stability: Large sized blocks and their coupling to a stiff carcass, provides perfect stability at high speeds on road, even when fully loaded with luggage and passenger.
• High mileage: KAROO™ Street tire offers high effective mileage, the result of introducing abrasion-resistant compounds. Learn more at Metzeler.com.
• 110/80 R 19 M/C 59V M+S TL
• 120/70 R 19 M/C 60V M+S TL
• 90/90 - 21 M/C 54V M+S TL
• 150/70 R 17 M/C 69V M+S TL
• 170/60 R 17 M/C 72V M+S TL
• 150/70 R 18 M/C 70V M+S TL
MSRP: $122.99 - $300.00
On the road since 1892, METZELER has more than 100 years of experience meeting motorcyclists’ toughest tire demands with unflagging innovation. Whether one is drawn to the longevity of its classic design or uncompromising performances, METZELER is an iconic brand to motorcycling worldwide. Established in Munich, METZELER offices are spread globally with production in Germany and South America. METZELER is the “Two Wheels Specialist,” appreciated by motorcyclists for its quality and technology.